9/12/2010

MY ISSUE WITH A BUCKET LIST

http://www.squidoo.com/100things

Formula for Completing Your Bucket List

First. Decide what you want.
Second. Create specific, measurable, time-bound goals.
Third. Know why you want to achieve each goal.
Fourth. Set an empowering belief.
Fifth. Commit focus and attention to your goal.
Sixth. Take the most obvious actions to achieve your goal.
Seventh. Measure and monitor your progress, adjusting your actions to realign with your goal.
*
I couldn't find what I was looking for but in the search saw this and since a Bucket List was something I had recently been discussing with my grandson. I thought I'd check it out to see if they had any good suggestions. I would not recommend anyone following these seven steps, to me they seem to defeat the whole purpose of a Bucket List, just reading it bored me to tears.
*
My problem with creating a Bucket List is this, I have already done many of the things that I would have put on a Bucket List! Or maybe it's just that my life is so satisfying to me, though most viewing it would pity me thinking how could someone with so little be happy!
My life is filled with so much joy, material things have no meaning to me. I started giving away "things" a couple of years ago when God showed me that things are not the way to find joy. Something I have known for years and have preached to my daughter all her life, but, there was still a few things I could not give up, I wanted to hold on to them until the last breath instead of passing them to others who might enjoy them. I still find myself holding on to something not wanting to share with others my joy. But finding so much more joy when I give them to others. Strangely my thoughts are the hardest things to give up and to share.
*
I am not saying you should embrace this or that it is the right choice for everyone, this is about me!
*
But back to my Bucket List issues! The only thing I could think of I plan on doing within the next year and that is to return to the Grand Canyon to spend a little more time sitting on the rim enjoying one of God's most beautiful creations, a living work of art that just leaves me in breathless awe!
*
Since I decided to let God direct my life I've learned to wait, knowing that as He wills so my life will go and it has been an amazing journey. If God decides to send a man to share my life with then I know he will be someone who will bring me great joy and I will enjoy that relationship. NO SAM (my daughter who would love to see that happen) I am not searching for a man or a relationship.
*
If God chose to give me millions I would enjoy giving it away.
*
Whatever His will is for my life I have learned that even when at first it may break my heart it is always for my best. Who needs a Bucket List?

No comments: