9/30/2010

WORKING YOUR WAY TO HEAVEN?

I am really enjoying FB, I see a lot more negativity than I would like to and sadly much comes from the younger generation. I of course can vaguely recall my youth and remember that by the age of 16 my friends and I had solved all the problems in the world and did not quite get why so called adults struggled with this. So yeah, I recall the young's needs, longings and just sheer know it allness.(yes, I do know there is no such word, my blog-my rules)

Of course it could be that as I have gotten older I have come to realize that the things I once thought were earth shattering are just not worth the fight. I have loved and lost so many that the ones I have are all that more precious to me. But sadly for you my readers, which there really does not appear to be any, I have not lost my desire to share "my great wisdom" so bear/bare whichever with me while I climb my soapbox.

I recently read a post where someone who I am sure was well meaning said basically that only through good works would you enter into Heaven. This is something that was preached to me my whole life and I want to tell you right here and now THAT IS JUST WRONG!!!!

There is only one way and that is through the belief that Christ died at Calvary so that your sins would be forgiven...... Yes, once you are one with God you will want to do good works and be a better person, if not then you are not really one with Him. But that is the problem with Christians today they never find the true peace and joy because other Christians are giving them all these rules about what they have to do and when they fail to live up to these rules, because we are human, they feel that they have let God down and will now be doomed to hell.

If that were the case, then why would Christ have gone to the cross? I have to tell you I struggled for years trying to do the right thing and failing. Trying to follow all these rules. It was not until I understood the message of the Cross that I found peace beyond understanding and joy.

Please don't take my word for it or anyone else's, read Romans Chapters 6,7 & 8. I will climb off my soapbox for now and if you feel that I am wrong then please let me know, but I will refer to my owners manual so you better be able to back it up.

No comments: