11/03/2010

MENDING

Broken Toys



As children bring their broken toys,

With tears, for us to mend;

I brought my broken dreams to God

because he was my friend.



But then instead of leaving him in peace to work alone,

I hung around and tried to help with ways that were my own.

At last, I snatched them back and cried,

"How could you be so slow?"

"My child," He said, "What could I do?

You never did let go...."



Author unknown

********************************************************************


AS usual this is not where I expected to be today!  I just love this journey.  The picture above is of, well mostly my dog Prissy, I am the coat and hood hidden behind the 60 pounds of Husky that decided it was time for mommy and me.  As I sat there being crushed by this dog who thinks she weighs 8 pounds still, does not understand why my lap seems to be getting smaller and refuses to believe me when I tell her Huskies are not lap dogs, I petted her, not knowing what need drove her into my lap but offering the only comfort I knew how, my love.

I thought of Jesus and his saying that He must leave so that the Comforter could come.  I thought of the different people whose lives I touch and who touch mine and the various kinds of comfort we give to each other either in our love for each other or through our love of Jesus.

I thought of the poem I opened this post with, how often we hand our problems to God but never really let go..  For me letting go is the hardest part, I still and most likely will always, struggle with not snatching them back.  It is who I am! 

But I am so grateful that when I am broken, when I feel that I just can't take any more worries, troubles or cares that the Comforter wraps me in His arms and says "Let go!"

********************************************************************
"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto My Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in My Name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in My Name, I will do it. If ye love Me, keep My Commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of Truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you." (John 14:12-17 KJV)


"But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of Truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of He: And ye also shall bear witness, because ye have been with Me from the beginning." (John 15:26-27 KJV) "Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you. And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment" (John 16:7-8 KJV)

No comments: