11/23/2010

MOVE

It's funny I have not thought about this in many years, but today as I was crocheting it was one of the many places my mind wondered to...

It was December 2002, a friend had told me that at The Villages Town Square they were having free rides on horse drawn carriages.  I knew this was something my daughter would enjoy, and something I was never able to afford.  So we went to the square and had been standing in line anticipating this ride, enjoying the sites, sounds and smells.

We were finally getting close just a couple more groups and it would be our turn, when suddenly I became ill, nervous, agitated, I KNEW we had to move, we could not wait we had to move.  I know people thought I was crazy as I struggled through the crowd, I did not care I knew we had to go to the other side of the square.

We got to the other side and I lost my agitation and was feeling silly for not waiting a few minutes to see if I would feel better, when we heard crashing, screams, saw people running in terror.  I was in shock, we rushed back to where we had just come from to see what had occurred, within a few feet of where my daughter and I had stood was a car, the driver had a seizure, crashed through barriers, killing two people and injuring 17 others.

Think what you want, but I KNOW that God touched me that night, my daughter and I may not have been hit by the car where we stood, we may not have been trampled by the crowd of terrified people running for their lives, but who knows what may have been had we stayed and not moved.

How often in your life and your faith walk do you ignore the call to MOVE.  How often has moving saved you or someone else whether it is their life or their soul.  When God tells me to move often I am reluctant and perhaps that is why I remembered this moment today, as a reminder when God says move, I better MOVE......

No comments: