11/08/2010

RUTH

RUTH 1:16-17

 And Ruth said,
 Intreat me not
to leave thee,
or to return from
 following after thee:
 for whither thou goest,
I will go;

and

where thou lodgest,
I will lodge:
thy people
 shall be my people,

and

thy God my God:

Where thou diest,
 will I die,
 and
there will I
 be buried:

 the LORD do so
 to me,

 and

more also,
 if ought
 but death
 part
thee and me.

I laid these verses out in the format of poetry.  To me Ruth's address to Naomi is just that, sheer, beautiful, poetry.

Ruth is seldom mentioned in the Church, I am not sure why this is since she is listed in Jesus' lineage.  Her loyalty and love for her mother-in-law is inspirational.  I think she deserves far more attention than she receives and would recommend that women of faith, read the book of Ruth.  That they study this great woman.

She is a such a great example to women of faith.  Her story is to long to go into here and now, but she has been on my heart and mind a lot lately.  This will be the first I write of her but, I will write more.

Still musing!


No comments: