11/01/2010

AMAZED!!!!!

I have had the greatest journey with God today and never left my backyard.  You just cannot out give Him. 

I decided early this morning that I would work on some boy caps for NICU so I packed up some blue yarn to work on that today.  My neighbor came over with her two boys and since it was cold out she had her husband run in to get caps for them.  The youngest ones cap barely fit and for a brief moment I saw a flash of worry on her face.  Like many of us today they struggle, they would never ask me for anything but from that one flash of consternation I could see (having been there myself) that yes they could afford the small cost of a cap, but with that money they could put food on the table, put it towards a bill.  So I am halfway through the blue yarn I brought out with me, making nice warm caps for the boys.

While doing this another neighbor was working on a car, something he does for extra money.  He let his puppy run loose while doing this so I hollered over at him that I would watch her while he worked.  It gave him a couple of hours, where she could play and be safe in my fenced area.

All of my neighbors know of my faith, I share with them, my belief, my faith in Jesus  I do not preach to them, that is not my calling, I just share my walk, let them know perfection is not required, but love is...

It is not up to me to lead them to God, it is up to me to let God live so brightly in me that others want what I have.  That is my calling and God blesses me daily with opportunities to share with others, either through my words here or sitting in my backyard, waiting to see how God plans on blessing me today!

No comments: